Thursday, October 30, 2008

Invasion of the Podcasts

Doing this excercise at work was pretty limiting, either the correct software wasn't installed to listen to the podcasts, or the library filter blocked content. Yeah, I know I could get the filter turned off. Anyways, I searched for stuff, and i suppose there was material I woud be interested in; its hard to tell because none of the search tools provided were very well thought out. There wasn't decent descriptions of the podcasts, and the results were difficult to wade through...like a river that had tons of jello powder thrown in it. I found a podcast called'Metal Gear Awesome', I didn't get to listen to it however. If its humour based on the Metal Gear Series, count me in. That's the one I added to my bloglines account. There were also library podcasts, but once again the results were not presented in a manner that encouraged me to look through them.

Podcasts for the library...what could we do with them..hmmm. Weekly updates about stuff going on at the library is one idea. Another would be to record the programs we have at the library and make them available as podcasts. That way people could suscribe to a branches podcasts, and never miss a program hosted at that library. I'm a genius. hoozah.

No comments: