Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Web based appliances..toasters, ovens, and refrigerators, oh my!

Wouldn't that be cooler though? Web based appliances? Wouldnt it be awesome to not have to save that old turkey in your own refrigerator..but rather upload it on to the web..where you can share it with your bestest friends?

This is another tool that would've been useful to have at the beginning of my stint in college. I have had a few annoyances where I thought my paper was e-mailed to my professor and was all dandy..only to find out they couldn't open it. I like the idea of web based applications for basic things like word processing, power point, and spreadsheets. We shouldn't really have to clutter up are computers with programs for such basic functions..and on top of that have to worry about which version of the software one has. I would definitly use this. I have never used power point..i've never had the software..but it would be really cool to make a presentation..and be able to show it anywhere I go by simply hopping on the internet. I also made a mini presentation that i started on and sent it to a friend to collaborate...The project is secret. Only they would understand....

I've had a lot of times where customer's documents they had on disc couldn't be read by the current software version on our computers..so they had to wait for a software update to download. It would also be a handy tool for saving their work if they don't happen to have a way to save their work. Usually if they can't buy a floppy, I suggest they e-mail it to themselves..but this would be a lot more effective.

Cool.

No comments: