Tuesday, October 21, 2008

why don't YOU tube?

Youtube is addictive. I can waste much time browsing the site. One of the things I like to browse the most on youtube is musical performances. In particular, I have found a lot of cool performances by guitarists doing covers, or arranging various pieces of music. Video game music arranged on guitar is usually pretty impressive, especially stuff from the Final Fantasy series. A lot of people will perform some of the more obvious choices, but one performance I was really impressed by was this older gentlemen who arrange Final Fantasy X's "Silence before the Storm" for guitar. That piece was always one of my favorites from final fantasy X, and i learned how to play some of it from watching this guy play. I give this guy big props for tackling this piece, and arranging it. Here is the video:

No comments: