Monday, November 3, 2008

Moldi cheese downloads

It's interesting that they have started this project, I suppose this is the way of the future, or something. I'm curious as what the limitations are on obtaining materials to turn into downloadable content. The music, for example, seems to be all stuff that would be public domain, like classical music and stuff. Yet despite this, there is still limited collections, as well as lending periods for the downloadable content. So that makes me curious as to what exactly the rules are for in digitizing material for library users' convenience, because obviously the site doesn't have the most popular material (seems like a lot of the rejects actually...that was mean, i'm sorry).

Anyhow, I think I would use this website to brush up on my knowledge of Classical music, they seem to have a lot of it. I think I might download some Chopin.

No comments: