Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hit me up with them recipes, keyys

I cook a lot, and I like trying to cook just with whatever is in the house, so this website, recipekey.com, is ideal for that sort of thing. It was a little confusing to use at first, but I think I got the hang of it. I didnt go to in depth in exploring all the options, but you can make your profile and list ingredients you have in your pantry so when you search for recipes it will tell you what you already have. Also, say you happen to have 64 slices of american cheese ("mmmmmmm, Homer would say, before spending all night eating every slice one at a time) you could search for that as a main ingredient to find recipes that feature that ingredient. The site also offers search options like prep time (filters out those recipes that require overnight rests), cooking method, dietary restrictions and so forth.

You know what's also interesting? A 24 year old male picked out this site from all the other options...Oh sighh.

No comments: