Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Power tools page

Okay, I messed with a variety of things on this page.

One thing I looked at was the makezine page, it has instructions for all these do-it-yourself projects. The coolest thing I found was the tank someone built with working pneumatic cannon that can fire hot-dogs, or other things. Awesome.

I read about G-Mail on the tooling around page. Eh, nothing to exciting, e-mail is e-mail, but good to know.

Boing-Boing is another sweet page. They had a link to a funny comic about music piracy. It talks about how if you pirate a song, you get to keep it, and it will always work. However if you buy it on i-tunes, you might not be able to recover it if you get a new computer, or have to re-format your harddrive because of drcm-locked files. This is true, and very lame. If you buy something, you should be able to re-download it in instances of catastrophes. My nephew bought several seasons of scrubs on i-tunes, but because he had to re-format his harddrive, or something like that, he lost everything he bought because there's no way re-download things you already purchased. I had to get a replacement ps3 from sony, and i could only back up certain things on my harddrive, that doesn't include game installs that I downloaded from the Playstation Network, but at least with the Playstation Network, I was able to redownload the games I had already purchased.

Another cool thing on boing-boing was a small post about researchers trying to develop thought-based communication. Apparently they are going to map language on the brain and make it possible to send electronic messages like text messages, or e-mails, for example, with the simple power of thought. Whoa. Synthetic Telepathy they call it. They said it may take 15-20 years. I must live to see the existence of that technology.

So yeah, I found some cool stuff, so thank you.

No comments: