Saturday, September 27, 2008

Someone hit me over the head and then I was twittering all over the place

Microblogging, huh? I don't know about this...doesn't anyone value solitude anymore, rather than sharing every small detail of their life? People can't stay disconnected for more than 5 minutes..sheesh. Cynicism aside, i can see how this could be addictive. I found Spider-man, and decided to follow his exploits. Who knows? Maybe I'll see what he's up to, and I could go help him fight crime. This might have a practical application for libraries. I noticed, for example, the learnandplay twitter account mentioned a library branch closing. Perhaps it could be used to keep employees and patrons in the loop. There's already a wealth of ways to communicate on the net, and this seems like kind of a cross between forum posting, and instant messaging. So to sum up...I do see twitter having practical applications, but for people just telling people what they are doing every 5 minutes...well people already do that with their cellphones...I could see how it could be amusing though. What would be cooler is if tracking devices were put in everybody and twitter would constantly update us with what they were ACTUALLY doing. No...that would be wrong..

...


twitter name: Snowdenslove

No comments: